Tuesday, July 28, 2009

And if I die before I wake...

I was rummaging around on the internet today, bored while waiting for dinner, and came across this quote: "The worst mistake you can make is to think you're alive when you're really asleep in life's waiting room." - Waking Life (2001). It really stuck out to me and got me thinking about all of the things I've achieved in my short albeit crazy life and all of the things I want do in my lifetime. I have compiled a list of 25 things (in no particular order) I must do before I die:
1. Clone myself
2. Live in Europe, preferably in Paris so I can visit all of my cousins on a daily basis
3. Go cage diving in an exotic location with Great White Sharks
4. Publish a novel
5. Go to law school and get my degree in entertainment law (p.s. countdown to LSATs: 2 months!)
6. Open up a club in New York City, although my real dream would be to reopen Studio 54 or at least a club in 54's space so I can finished what my dad started
7. Launch my clothing website because the idea is really rad
8. Go to the Super Bowl when The Jets are playing (AND THEY WILL! DON'T TALK SHIT)
9. Have my lawyer write up a rock-solid prenup for whatever idiot gets conned into marrying me
10. Have Giambattista Valli create a shoe and name it after me, like he did for Victoria Beckham, lucky bitch
11. Have a guest spot on my favorite show, Weeds, preferably as the girlfriend of Silas, but I'm okay with playing a drug dealer, too
12. Compile a book of my Nana's recipes, because trust me, you haven't eaten until you've devoured her sauce and meatballs
13. Open up another club in Paris or St. Tropez because my club in New York is doing just oh so well!
14. Make someone's day, like for real though
15. Create a beer aimed at the ladies because there is nothing more annoying in life than a girl who proclaims that she "just doesn't drink beer, it's gross"
16. Learn to let go and be more personal and open with people I can trust
17. Trek across Japan and see how it's done over there
18. Marry Hugh Laurie but make him ditch his real self in favor of his American accent and pill popping persona of Dr. House
19. Find a way to go back in time so I can film what going to a private school in New York City's really like in order to tell Bravo and NYC Prep to shove it up their asses
20. Learn to DJ and spin with the best of the best
21. Get another tattoo, maybe of a favorite quote, or the music bar & notes of my favorite song
22. Find the balls to tell people how I really feel about them. I'm emotionally retarded only when it comes to good feelings
23. Own a Porsche Cayman in pearl white
24. Find a way to block off all bridges and tunnels from Westchester, Long Island, Staten Island, and New Jersey, into the city every Thursday night-Sunday morning so all guidos and wannabe guidos and trash can STOP invading my luxurious nightlife! Stay in Perth Amboy or party at Hofstra, for Christsake!
25. Adopt a baby pitbull and name her Smurf
Brief list and maybe I'll add it to at some point. Btw, I'm really serious about #1, #24 and #18!
Bisous, bisous,
little monster

No comments:

Post a Comment